Sunday, March 23, 2008

The road traversed

When we were having our breakfast, mama and I were chatting about the lessons we learned from our lives so far and talked about how mama almost died when she was 36 and I was 5 because of the Type B Hepatitis she got through blood transfusion after a surgery.

My mama was very brave and she managed to continue living because she still has three daughters to bring up.

My mama told me, "You have to tell yourself that you could do it and you will be able to do it..." referencing to all things I have to deal with.

I don't know why I did not tell her this but along the way, this is one thought that kept me from doing everything I could do to get well better however sorrily slow the pace of my recovery is...

I kept on thinking about how my mom who is really good at driving me crazy (and vice versa) could actually live through her sickness when all doctors in the hospital gave up on her.

As a result, despite how annoying it is having to go through my retarded grade of recovery rate, I know I could do it because my mama has shown it to me.

Then, as the casual conversation went on, we together came to the conclusion that it might have been tiring, it might have been frustrating, it might have been, at times, unnerving, however---

一路走來也不後悔.

There is no regret at all about the road traversed because we have walked passed it and here we stand to look back and to realize that...

Granted, it is important to love, live, and work---

Yet, there is nothing really worth us being anal retentive about as long as when, years down the road, you could look back and say--- I tried my best and I did what I should have done.

And, later today, at the intersection I looked back at all affairs concerning love, life, and, work, still with cane in hand and spasm with pains making me stop to rest, I happily thought to myself...

Life could be better lol, but, I have no regret.

In addition, like someone has pointed out to me citing Oscar Wilde, even if I had done things that could be classified as mistakes before, "experiences is the name everyone gives to their mistakes."

No comments: