Sunday, December 13, 2009

Culture-bound

Today, as I stopped by Barnes and noble during my walk, I somehow decided to swing by some non-craft book section, scanned through the title and found this book on the table... The Other Side of Sadness: What the New Science of Bereavement Tells Us

The table of content was what I wanted and I found in Chapter. 11 what I was thinking of and might be unconsciously looking for... "Chinese Bereavement Ritual".... Unfortunately, my understanding of much of what is written here have been based on personal experiences... including polytheistic religion, orchestrated crying ritual and so on....

If only I could be simply God-blessed-ly ignorant...

Interesting enough, as I was preparing this post, I tried to look up this book... it was not until when the book was loaded on the webpage did I realise... I know that guy who wrote this book... I see him all the times at the College.... 8-O

No comments: