Sunday, June 12, 2011

What is Fibromyalgia?

Fibromyalgia one of the additional diagnoses the neurologist gave me in recent time.

Well, t ain't like it is really a shocker since I have been talking about my chronic pain all over the entire body since the accident in 2007.... duh....

What is the official definition of fibromyalgia? 

According to PubMed Health,

"Fibromyalgia is a common syndrome in which people experience long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues.  
Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, sleep problems, headaches, depression, anxiety, and other symptoms."

While the really proper kinda definition such as above makes me feel like to stand up and salute, my favorite definition is one given to me by an acquaintance-- a nurse in the insurance business....

It must be back in 2007 or 2008 when I was at a friend's house party and we were having some discussion about my sorry state of being.

I asked, "Could what I have be fibromyalgia?"

So she replied, "Fibromyalgia is a catch-all term used when they have no idea what the problem is.  That's Fibromyalgia."

Sort of pretty useful in insurance claim... for instance... 8-O lol

Also... So ist das... Fibromyalgia... 8-O lol sigh

No comments: