Sunday, March 17, 2013

When would I like my onset to be served?

Never thought this would be a question until just now...

So, I was looking for some literature about late onset of psychosis and came across statistics like the following from this 2001 article by Steven D. Targum titled "Treating Psychotic Symptoms in Elderly Patients":
  1. 10% of first-episode cases of schizophrenia do occur in patients who are older than 45 years. 
  2. Delusional disorders appear in men between the ages of 40 and 49 years, and in women, between the ages of 60 and 69 years. 
This got me thinking... though I prefer to live through my life without onset... I think I will be settled for the late onset in the late 20s rather than one in the 40s.

Can't imagine myself having to live through the past decade and more starting at this age or later... and coming to understand a bit more a day what Ratology is talking about...

If it is destined to happen, good thing that it happened way back. Consider it as God's blessing, I guess. 8-O

No comments: