Just finished reading "The Humans: A novel", a book about an unprepared alien spy on earth, and found some interesting quotes to share with the Humans or otherwise.
- She was suffering from grief. A grief for not just the loss of her husband but also the loss of familiar reality. (P. 250)
- You had to stay consistent to life's delusions. All you had was your perspective, so objective truth was meaningless. You had to choose a dream and stick with it. (P. 251)
- Don't try to be cool. The whole universe is cool. It's the warm bits that matter. (p. 258)
- Make sure, as often as possible, you are doing something you'd be happy to die doing. (P. 260)
- When you watch the news and see members of your species in turmoil, do not think there is nothing you can do. But know it is not done by watching news. (p. 260)
- At the subatomic level, everything is complex. But you do not live at the subatomic level. You have the right to simplify. (p. 261)
- And now I'm here with nothing, but I am myself with nothing. An honest bloody nothing. (P. 271)