Sunday, January 24, 2016

Quotes from To kill a mockingbird

Quotes to my liking in To Kill A Mockingbird and, yes, I only got to this book at this age because I thought I was to see of film of the same title. 8-X



  1. it’s never an insult to be called what somebody thinks is a bad name.
  2. I wanted you to see something about her—I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand.
  3. With him, life was routine; without him, life was unbearable. I stayed miserable for two days.
  4. We were surprised one morning to see a cartoon in the Montgomery Advertiser above the caption, “Maycomb’s Finch.” It showed Atticus barefooted and in short pants, chained to a desk: he was diligently writing on a slate while some frivolouslooking girls yelled, “Yoo-hoo!” at him.
  5. “That’s a compliment,” explained Jem. “He spends his time doin‘ things that wouldn’t get done if nobody did ’em.”
  6. puttin‘ on airs to beat Moses.”
  7. I said I would like it very much, which was a lie, but one must lie under certain circumstances and at all times when one can’t do anything about them.
  8. Aunt Alexandra fitted into the world of Maycomb like a hand into a glove, but never into the world of Jem and me.
  9. I understood, pondered a while, and concluded that the only way I could retire with a shred of dignity was to go to the bathroom, where I stayed long enough to make them think I had to go.
  10. “he just has his blind spots along with the rest of us.”
  11. As the county went by us, Jem gave Dill the histories ....
  12. a view indicating a people determined to preserve every physical scrap of the past.
  13. I won’t live to see the law changed, and if you live to see it you’ll be an old man.
  14. “You couldn’t, but they could and did. The older you grow the more of it you’ll see.
  15. Atticus said he didn’t see how anything else could happen, that things had a way of settling down, and after enough time passed people would forget that Tom Robinson’s existence was ever brought to their attention.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW I just love it!