Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What not to do when calling 8772476116

I got a million calls on my answering machine looking for "Y Chung" or "Y Chang"... Like the following....



Finally, I called them back tonight trying to figure out who the hell is calling me and what for.

So, I asked this woman who answered my phone call what kind of debts they are collecting.

She, instead, asked for the last 4 digits of my social.

I told her... "I am not gonna give you the last 4 digits of my social. That is private information."

She then asked for my birthday. "I am not gonna give you my birthday. That is private and confidential information."

Then, she gave me a wrong last 4 digits of my social and a wrong birthday. And, she told me... sorry... we got the wrong person.

Later on, I realized that... wait a minute... I do recall now that for many a time... I received these debt-collection mail for someone called "Y Chung" (not even my name) and I actually called them back to tell them that I've never had a Victoria's Secret's card and... although I ain't got nothing... me ain't got no debt either except for... oops... gotta take care of some of the bills I haven't got to....

Don't know what it might sound for you.

For me, it seems fishy and I think it is a scam.... and... speaking of... identity theft kinda thing.

Did some googling around only to find out...

I am not alone.... http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-877-247-6116

It would be interesting though... to see whether they will be calling me back again...

No comments: