Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lavender

I have this gut feeling based my recent experiences... There is something about Lavender.... or maybe not...

The idea of lavender came to me last week when I found it listed in a book at Barnes and Nobles as a sleep aid kinda herb...

So... I found myself some lavender epsom salt and some tea including lavender and other, presumably, sleep enhancing herbs...

I have been sleeping like a baby since Saturday on... and knock on woods...

Then, I came up with this smart idea... maybe I should go look for some lavender hand cream for the day time so that people don't have to hear my mouth when I see things ain't right... side effects of decreased meds and nicotine....

So... today, I went searching for a lavender smell that I can sleep with and I can be awake with...

Then, I got home... out of curiosity...

Why isn't my psychotic symptoms running overboard? (No complaints)

Did some googling for some info concerning lavender etc and schizo-etc and came up with something like the following...

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/adis/cns/2006/00000020/00000004/art00001

Or... the following info at Medline...

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/patient-lavender.html

Apparently, there is some potential scientific basis for my feeling sedated by my lavender alike venture.... just when I think I am really going crazy due to the decreasing insight blah blah blah.... 8-O lol

At the same time, in my scenario, it doesn't matter whether it is placebo effect or not, you see, as long as it works... such as helping me get a good long night of sleep....

Still on my meds... of course... in other words, the herbal stuffs are the supplements...

No comments: