Monday, November 1, 2010

The hotspring of Beitou 北投露天溫泉

Yesterday, I went with my family to 北投露天溫泉 or the blue Sulfur hotspring (青磺泉) of  Beitou... to 泡湯...

Theoretically, blue sulfur hotspring is supposed to be good for  skin diseases, gout, and muscle aches.

Nice place to hang and economical... 40 Taiwanese dollar for general admission... less than 2 US dollars that is... public bath, though, meaning... you share it with everyone else...

You have a good 2 hours to spend in there.  It should be sufficient amount of time since it is commonly suggested that one should not stay in for over an hour.

Personally, every time I sense it is over the limit of my body, I will get out of the water and do some of my swinging thing on the outside.  Might look pretty strange to the others... yet... ain't like they are gonna remember me...

In terms of ventilation, impeccable ventilation provided since it is open air...

The only issue I see with this location is... the lack of disability access.

First of all, them stairs were scary... slow and steady... I was able to move myself eventually down and up.  Not quite sure how people on wheelchair could get in.... At the same time, for the dressing room... it would have been nice if they could set up a larger dressing room for people with special needs.

Regardless, a great place to visit for your health benefits and an entertaining experience, too.

At the same time, base on commonsense, hot bath in hotspring somehow should also be beneficial for the flow of qi... 行氣... and should be good for my body conditions. 

Can't quite tell you whether it helped... though I suspect that it might have based on . One thing I could tell you is that, even though the temperature of the water is much higher than the body temperature... in that kind of circumstances... I could still feel the coldness coming out of my body at points.... 

No comments: