Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Accomplishment

Been sick like a dog since I got to Shanghai.... second day I arrived... I laid flat for the entire day... and have been laying low till yesterday.... when I decided to accomplish what I came here for... a determined though sick tourist... 8-O lol

Anyways, finally, I am growing out of this cold/flu thing slowly and sturdily... 

Been able to get out to see the city a bit more... 

Today, I came to the realization...

My biggest accomplishment this trip.... giving directions... 8-O lol

I don't know where I have not been to but I know the roads I have traversed... and... I actually gave people directions at least twice correctly today....

Even in Seoul, Korea, where I was absolutely illiterate...  can't read and understand korean at all... I successfully gave people directions twice... one time in the subway where a lady sitting next to me was looking for the bus station.  

The other time... a lady who spoke no English at all approached me to ask for direction...

Somewhere among the korean sentences I heard something like... "Lotte"...

So I asked, "Lotte department Store?"

Apparently, yes.

Since I spoke no Koren, I walked her to the corner of the block and pointed to the big sign on the building down the Road... "Lotte."

She was happy and appealled to be thankful... 

So I thought... Did I just give directions to a Korean lady who I could hardly understand in a city I hardly know? 8-O lol

 

No comments: