Thursday, August 12, 2010

Travel

I haven't gone traveling since January 2007.

OK, I did travel between Taiwan and the US in 2008 and three weeks ago.  Yet, that is called transportation.  Not travel.

Finally, I will be going traveling for the first time this Saturday.

Seoul first and Shanghai second.

Why Seoul and Shanghai?

Also.... free accommodation available and the cheapest most economic way to fly...  8-O lol

The only problem... give me a road and I could keep on walking till the cows come home provided there are restrooms available.... 

Yet, I can not carry weight.... It slows down my speed and causes problem to my back and, then, the whole body.

For instance, before I left NYC, I had to move some stuffs and it killed my body so bad that... 5:00 AM, curb side, outside of JFK... People in the airport had to pick me up with a wheelchair..... and, from there on, they carried me all the way back to Taiwan...

Well, I WAS really in pain and it really was sort of miserable then... especially having to deal with excruciating pains on a 25 hour trip....  Sounds pretty funny now since, 3 weeks later now, I am back to walk relatively fine and mostly pain-free again.... 8-O lol

Since I intend not to waste too much time recovering... I have to travel.... REALLY light to prevent any potential damages... while... since not making any money.... budget traveling.... 8-O lol oops...

In addition, although I now can "walk"---- 80 Manhattan blocks or more kind of distance--- I still have problems and mucho problems with stairs.  Unfortunately, based on the pictures I have seen for many of the tourist attractions, there are stairs and stairs.... slopes and slopes....  Well, it is not until I became disabled did I come to realize that... this world really is not designed for people with disability.... 8-O lol sigh

At the same time, if I can find ways to walk in NYC and in Taipei, I should be able to walk in Seoul, Incheon, Suwan or Shanghai.... After all, walking is walking, right?  8-O lol

Regardless, it would be really interesting to see what it would be like to travel on a budget, disabled.

And... this would be the first time I go traveling with my strange kind of disability....

Ain't like it is the kind of "first time" experience I would like to have... Yet, well... even if my body could heal till I could carry some ordinary weight and do stairs like a robot, for the time being, I want to travel and I will learn to travel my way again.

What is even better... my brother in law will be on his business trip while I am in Shanghai... I will have a two-bedroom apartment all to myself for a week... could finally through a house party... though not gonna have too many people to party with in Shanghai... 8-O lol

No comments: