Monday, August 30, 2010

So much more could have been done...

Still trying to recover from this thing that hit me like a truck since I got to Shanghai... Part of it, I think might be allergy...

As I was checking the progress of the washing machine after looking up some theme song from a Korean drama I battled to finish watching last night while sipping my cold medicine in the middle of the afternoon...

I thought to myself... so much more could have been done had I not been sick... then... oops... doesn't it speak for the story of my life so far.... 8-O and... wait... seems to be a statement so very generalizable to the others as well... 8-O 

On a second thought, most of the places I have visited so far... I think I might have mostly forgotten.... What makes trips memoriable... I guess... are events with events as such.... 

gotten bitten by fishies in DR... even torn my swimsuit... 

followed bus driver's direction wrong, climbed up a semi-cliff in semi-high heel to get lost in the desert of Alberqueque...  

passport taken by the controller at the border of Austria and Italy...

started my first road trip by car in the North East of the US by walking into a huge hole... landed my right kneel on a rock on our way to Yale B-school, I think...
and ended in Yale hospital with 3-4 stitches... finally gotten the stitches taken off in a hospital near Mackinaw Island where they filmed somewhere in time...

landed in Miami for the first time in pouring rain in the night sick to the stomach... so sick that I had to throw up in the garbage can  first thing I did in South beach while waiting for a bus that never came... had to bang on the door of a closed restaurant to call for a taxi, which took me to a hostel ended up spending the night in a 4-bed arrangement with a broken door to the washroom with 3 strangers... men...  

Just a few examples that came to my mind....

So... in bright daylight, doing laundry, sick in Shanghai and listening to music from a Korean drama I didn't even know till I came to Shanghai... something to remember I guess.... 8-O lol

At least one thing I have learned is this Korean phrase... ho do ka jio... ho do ka jio.... ho do ka jio.... sa ram he yo... sa ram he yo.. sa ram he yo... if Korean can understand... 8-O lol

How much more could I have done... then?  8-O lol

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMwMDc2MjA0.html



The first song with English lyrics...

No comments: