Saturday, November 21, 2009

鄉愿 disorder

An alternative hypothesis to the Can't mind my own business disorder or etiology is 鄉愿 disorder--- as per 孔子 in 論語陽貨13 "鄉愿,德之賊也."

Essentially, you try to make everybody like you indiscriminately. (Sort of like being fake and phony? Not quite sure how you translate it.)

An example would be...

Yesterday afternoon, I tried to walk down the stairs to the subway. Stairs are especially difficult for me and, after each step or two, I had to stop to recoperate before moving forward. Thus, it took me a long time to finally get to the station.

After arriving at the station, I tried to walk towards the direction of the first few cars. This was when yours disabled psychotic came across these two young kids....

They gave me this funny look and one of the woman said something like...

"Finally get here." Sounding sarcastic.

The other one added something like, "Because the night is still young."

Well, at this stage of my life, I am allowing myself to react so that I can move on to forget.

Thoughts ran through...

Ignorant people making fun of the plight of people with disability.

Live your life since I did complain to friends about how them people on wheelchair made the bus trip so much longer and that was the reason why I was late for the lunch.... 1-2 months right before the accident that shook me to a total disability state of being.

Sort of like what they said on TV... Life comes back at you fast. 8-O lol oops...

Regardless...

Think about it...

Two sentences I overheard from two strangers I walked past by in the subway station.

All the wing flipping....

The core of my problem... 鄉愿 而已.

Thought I was working on that?

Talk is cheap.

No comments: