Thursday, June 10, 2010

Keep going

Found some quotes cited in the book "Now is the Time" at Barnes and Noble today.

“If you are going through hell, keep going.” Winston Churchill

And, in my scenario, if ever I were in hell, I somehow must have helped out building my own hell and I simply have to try my best to walk myself out of it.

Could this be why I walk so much? 8-O

Other quotes used in this book:

  1. "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."  Steve Jobs
  2. "To love someone deeply gives you strength; being loved by someone deeply give you courage." Lao Tse (8-O)
  3. "All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire but my heart is exclusively my own." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  4. "Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising every time we fall." Confucius (8-O)
  5. "Courage is the mastry of fear, not the absence of fear."  Mark Twain.
  6. "I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."  Jewish proverb.
  7. "It is better to be making the news than taking it; to be an actor rather than a critic."  Winston Churchill
  8. "To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others."  Buddha
  9. "Better to lose the anchor than to lose the whole ship."
  10. "Let the dead past bury its dead."  Henry Wadsworth Longfallow
  11. "It is a good divine that follows his own instructions." Shakespeare
  12. "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the last of the human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way." Victor Frankl
  13. "Be moderate in order to taste the joys of life in abundance."  Epicurus
  14. "It's a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense."  Robert Ingersoll
  15. "Experiences is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."  Randy Pausch
  16. "The worst thing in the world is to try to sleep and not to."  F. Scott Fitzgerald

      No comments: