Thursday, June 30, 2011

Seroquel (quetiapine) dosage

I was sleepy all day... partially having something to do with the discomfort all over my body... and... might also have something to do with the fact that the Seroquel I took last night might have been one of the larger fourth of da 25 mg Seroquel pill.

I finally became more awake later in the evening and that was when the discussion about the Seroquel dosage came up in a conversation with my friend tonight...

One more of the biggest challenges in my life... I need my meds but I can only handle around 25/4 mg of Seroquel each day.

If the dosage is a bit too much more than 1/4 of the pill... I am like a walking zombie during the day time...

If the dosage is a bit too less than 1/4 of the pill... I could sense that psychotic symptoms are on their way out for a field trip.

Unfortunately, unfortunately, the 25 mg pill is the smallest pill they offer by the pharmaceutical company and it isn't so easy to cut a 25 mg pill into 4 equal parts.

How much exactly is the effective dosage suggested by scientifically based and empirically tested studies?

Not too much consensus... sort of like... from 150 mg up to 700 mg... depending on the patients' condition...

No comments: