Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Motor coordination problems and slow

I can walk... and I can walk for a longer distance without stopping nowadays... however ugly looking it might be... Doesn't even have to be in straight line...

I keep on moving and try to move...

There are other observations though... which did not come to my attention until recently...


Yes... I am slow and not at all "adroit"... many a time, when I try to get money out of my pocket, the moment is slow and things often fall all over the places. 

When there are nice people around, they would volunteer to help me pick things up... Sometimes, people would just stand there and watch.

I didn't pay it no mind.

OK... it is inconvenient to maneuver with a cane in hand anyways, right?

In addition, my motor coordination ability hasn't been the same anyways since the accident.



Then, the other day, I got out of 7-11 with the wallet still in hand.  I wanted to put the wallet into my packet.  This is when it occurred to me that... in order for me to do it, I had to stop moving, stand still, look down to search for the exact position of the pocket before I can put the wallet back in.  After the wallet was in the pocket, I turned my head back up facing the front and... I got back to start working on walking...
as if... now we can move to work on the task in the que called... resume to walking... 8-O

Two days later, I was in the elevator in this department store.  It was crowded and I was standing right at the door.

At a certain point, there were people trying to get off... I thought of getting out of the elevator first to let these people come out first.  However, before anything else, this woman to my right pushed me a bit because she was trying to get out... to let the people get out...

I looked at her and said, "That is what I am trying to do.  I am trying to get out to let them get out."

And... slowly with them unstable and funny gaits, I moved out.

It is the incidences alike that lead me to come face to face again and again... I am slow... or... to be more exact, something or somewhere in my neuropathway is... wrongly slow...

Except for... somebody gotta help me diagnose what and where exactly is wrong and what could be done about it... I guess...

In the meanwhile, keep on moving... I guess? 8-O lol sigh

No comments: