Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Help

The HelpAfter my mom went back to Taiwan, my neighbor lent me a book "The Help" to keep my mind busy early yesterday evening.

Started it last night and finished reading it just now since I got home this afternoon...

Nice book... something I would definitely recommend to people... for me, a story depicting the process it takes towards the breakdown of segregation if not simply integration.

"Am I gone believe what them fools say about me today?"  in P. 73 is one quote I like the best from this book.

At the same time, since I finished the last 50-60 pages or so first last night after the first 200 something pages, after officially reading up the whole book... almost 600 pages in two days...

Wow... apparently, more than 2-3 words I now can read... got myself sort of impressed... since I was struggling to read picture books preferably without words and pictures only last year not too far from this time. 8-O

Can't help thinking of the art of losing in the back of my head though (here comes the power of learned helplessness) and wonder when I am gonna lose that depressive thinking as well? 8-X 8-O lol sigh

No comments: