Friday, April 10, 2009

Phobia-- dry mouth and can't sleep

Speaking of phobia... though out the past few days... I think that I was about to develop some kind about phobia about going to sleep..... at least up till last night... when I finally fall asleep...

This had been happening....

Every night... falling asleep has turned into a more drastic battle than I would like it to be...

More nights than I would like it to be... I would be lying in bed, tossing and turning-- tormented by xerostomia or this dryness in my mouth....

I got this sinus that came from no where... and I need to use my mouth to breathe...

Yet, or maybe as a result, the mouth would go dry and so dry... so dry that it felt as if there is no saliva at all....

For over an hour or two.... I lie there waiting.... for the time to come.... for me to wake up to a new day... a new beginning....

As days go by, I started to have this fear that the same thing is to happen again as I go night night.... As a result, the anxiety level might have been heightened, which doesn't really help the condition either...

If you ask me why I don't have a glass of water by my bed side to quench my thirst and to compensate for the dryness....

I do.

Throughout the night, I would get up again and again.... drinking more water and some more... only to be overcome by this sense of dryness again shortly....

If you want me to compare between them nights of delusional terrors and them nights of never-ending dryness...

If you want me to choose which one would be the worst....

Honestly, neither prefer I....

So, before I went to see my physician yesterday morning and as I was pondering whether there are any other people who suffer from similar kind of minor inconveniences, I did a google search with the key words "dry mouth can't sleep".... only to realize that there are so many other people out there sharing the same experiences and struggling to find a means for a sense of relief...

Luckily, after I took my physician's advise and ate some "pears" before bed, once for a change...

Last night, I was able to fall asleep without having to be tormented for hours by da "dry-mouth-ness"....

Then, I thought of those people who have to live with this condition for years.... God bless and have mercy.....

And, for those who can't understand what I mean by being tormented by dry mouth and being kept awake as a result of it... Lucky you.... and may you keep your bless...

And... hope that... tonight... dry mouth won't come back to keep me away from falling asleep....

No comments: