Saturday, October 25, 2008

What delight? 8-O

Found this song "On my own" by Patti Labelle and Michael McDonald from the mid 80s...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVvsWiT6ous

and...



Geez... now I understand why the Cellist Gaspar Cassado would say to his students, "I'm so sorry for you; your lives have been so easy. You can't play great music unless your heart's been broken."

And... why Zander felt secretly delighted when this student of his was in dire straights because he lost his girlfriend.... "Now he would be able to fully express the heartrending passion of the song in Schubert's Die Winterreise about the loss of the beloved"..... (The Art of possibility, p. 31)



8-O lol

Can't stop wondering though... did anyone ever feel it cut like a knife for losing me? 8-O

And, who needs a heart when a heart can be broken?

And... I know I am not the only one...

No comments: