Monday, October 13, 2008

unknown

Recently, I start to listen to some of them things called classical music.... something I have the least idea about... 8-O lol

Well... I have heard quite a bit of arias in various opera during my party era at an opera joint....

The remaining of them classical music thing.... when comparing with the Lion King... I guess I chose to see the Lion King.... 8-O lol

Then, this friend of mine took me to a concert featuring a program starting from the creation and ending with Apocalypse....

Then, this book I am reading is written by a conductor and his ex-wife.... which mentioned many a piece of classical music...

So... on youtube, I was able to locate many of them pieces that are classical.... and eventually landed on the following clip when browsing through the work of the late master cellist "Rostropovich" whom I had never heard of until I arrived at page 124 in the book titled the Art of Possibility....



The title of the 21-second-long clip was "Rostropovich Screws Up Beethoven Sonata"....

So, the first time I played it....

I went....

first... "Where did he screw up?"

And... "What exactly does it sound like 'Beethoven Sonata'?"

After I played the clip many more times, I gave up trying to understand where exactly Master Slava made a boo boo.... for it is really difficult to pick up the wrongs in unknown.... 8-O lol

Then, I decided to go check out the comments people made about the clip..... among them, I found someone else asking the same question.....

  1. WuShell: where exactly is the error?
    poinkinha: i didn't get whts the error o___o and, whtever it is, it didn't screwed up, huh?
    nazhiitoxx: hear from 0.9 to 0.12 and you will see the mistake, but is very very little
  2. cgd147: where did he go wrong?
    tcornellvln: around :12/:13

So I went back again focusing on what went on between 9-13 seconds.... and I realized that he did sort of stopped at some point...

Guess that was where he went wrong.... while, when focusing on figuring out the wrong of the unknown, I finally got to see the plausible wrong but the Sonata remains, to me, unknown.... 8-O lol

Great lesson to myself, I thought... owing it to the mastro...

At the same time, to myself I thought.... the burden of people who know the music a bit too well to be catching that 1 second..... 8-O lol

No wonder... my ignorance is a bless... and so I pray to God.... may you Parsifal be fully covered.... 8-O lol

No comments: