Sunday, July 12, 2009

Alternative hypothesis: Stress vulnerability model

When reading about the following in an article I reviewed today, I thought of the strange state I am in... sane as a piece of rock... although, theoretically or based on common sense, I should be in a elevated psychotic state filled with anxiety...

8-O

Decreased behavioral pain expression and stress vulnerability model

The experience of pain results in stress. In ordinary people, the reactions to pain stimuli could be released through normal pain behavior, psychologically or physically. Patients with schizophrenia, on the other hand, can not release the invoked stress through normal reaction channel. As a result, stress might get built up and results in the worsening of psychotic conditions.


OMG... So... how can I go more psychotic to ensure I don't go even more psychotic? Sort of like how people would set up small fire where there is a big fire... I guess... 8-O

No comments: