Sunday, July 5, 2009

Beauty and Youth

So it was last night when I thought this dude was being pretty nasty towards this woman... whom I assume was his girlfriend...

At some point, as I looked at this lady, it looked as if she was in tears...

So I thought and said...

She should never let any man treat her like that...

She should not allow any man to treat her like that...

Than, I came to the realisation...

What I saw in her was a younger version of me...

So they say... youth is beauty except for, all too often, it is so very elegantly wasted I guess...

In my much younger and more vulnerable years... I had spent all those nights and days aching, waiting, and, mourning over those men of my dreams or nightmares... So I have had those portion of my beautiful youth elegantly wasted...

Then, when encountering that young and beautiful lady... silently taking what she was not supposed to take... in my version of her reality....

I thought to myself...

So shall I remember... refrain from wasting away my youth this way again.... for any version of the me lived will always be the younger version of myself at any given point...

No comments: