Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Proposal-ing

Recently, I have been trying really hard to come up with a project concerning the assessment of pain...

At the beginning, I wanted to do a review on the relevant literature...

Then, at certain point, I came to the realisation that... thank God, there are pain experts out there and I will let them be the ones to voice their expert opinion because... it will be another dissertation for me shall I wanna do a complete literature review provided I need to learn enough so as to narrow the topic down... 8-O lol

So... instead, I decide to work on a proposal focusing on looking into how the experts in the field have come up with the idea that patients with psychotic symptoms are less sensitive to pain and have higher threshold for pain...

Although the proposal is still in the most drafty form and, shall I be the evaluator, I would assign the "a piece of crxp" kind of grade, I think the basic ideas are there... although the bad English could be better corrected and more literature could be added...

Perhaps, one day, I will be able to share with you what I have done...

Today, in its raw state, it just has to be kept in the file drawer for a bit longer until I have something more meaty to add...

However, the good thing about having a deadline is that... otherwise, I could still be keeping on-- reading on... Sort of like what I did when I was trying to come up with a research proposal for my dissertation... It took this good friend of mine to tell me to... "stop reading; start writing"... for me to start doing the writing process...

So, shall you ask me what I have been up to this past week and more...

I have been doing proposal-ing... 8-O lol 8-X sigh

No comments: