Monday, July 13, 2009

Hammering

Weeks ago... I lived through those days and nights with my brain running a subway station on the right hemisphere of my head.... which eventually graduated into the sound of wind...

And, thank God, it eventually ceased...

Then, last night, I woke up in the middle of the night for no reason...

Right after I woke up, I found myself listening to this hammering sound in the right side of my ear...

It was as if someone was doing some real hammering except for the sound originated from the inside.

As it seemed to be becoming more and more pronounced in the relative quietness in the evening... I thought of something I read when dealing with the subway station in my head...

Focus on some other sounds... so that you could stop focusing on da inner sounds...

I tried to focus on the sound of the fan...

Yet, the processing of inner sounds seemed to take precedence before external stimuli... some observation I have talked about gazillion times...

All of a sudden, there came this loud truck sounding kind of noise from downstairs...

It might have been the unloading of stuffs for the supermarket down there...

It used to be so very annoying because of the noise it made...

However, all of a sudden, I realised that such noise was to me... music from the heaven.. because it was so loud that it actually covered up da hammering sound inside of my right ear...

Then, all of a sudden, it felt as if something had my head reset...

And, da hammering sound on the inside disappeared...

That was... to be honest... a real scare because so I thought to myself...

Not again...

No comments: