Friday, July 17, 2009

Permanent damages

My worker's com lawyer thought it is time for us to close the case up.... and today I was sent to see this doctor as the IME....

I got to the clinic like a nice girl and waited there quietly...

Finally, the doctor came in...

"You know we are not looking at your back or knees. We are looking at your shoulders today."

So I have been told... there are no compensations for broken back and pain...

"Do you have shoulder problems?" So I was asked.

"I don't know. The doctors would know the best." So I replied.

"Shoulders? How would I be evaluated for shoulder problems? I had thought that it would be the knees." So I might have thought to myself...

So, the doctor told me to do some simple movements...

"Rising you arms all the way up...."

Oops... I found myself incapable of doing so on the left side and on the right side... regardless whether I tried to do it from the front or from the side...

At some point, the IME doctor told me...

"You know you have permanent damages to your shoulders? This is the reason why you would not lift your arms all the way up."

"Do I?" So I asked.

"Yes, you do. Nobody ever told you?" So asked the doctor.

"Nope. Nobody ever told me." So I replied.

"And I never knew because I never had to raise my hands other than I still can not lift weight."

"So what do I do?" I asked further.

"You don't want to do operations. Just keep on trying to do exercises."

Eventually, I got out of the clinic....

I decided to keep on walking on... part of my daily exercise routine...

Although most of the times, there is nothing upstairs... some thoughts did emerge while I was strolling down Broadway....

Isn't it funny.... It was not until I experienced the hit-by-a-train kind of unconventional ear ringing did I come to realise that I have been experiencing ear ringing for all these years. It is not until I went to see the IME did I come to realise that there are permanent damages to both of my shoulders.... 8-O lol sigh

Then, this thought occurred to me...

Now it sort of make sense... why it is so difficult to lift weight... or does it?

Observing my own reaction towards the news...

I found it even more intriguing...

"Blunt affect? Or isn't it?"

Another thought emerged...

"Am I like a psychopath who hear the sound but not the music? How would I be feeling so calm facing this permanent diagnosis?" 8-O

Unless, what else could I say, they are just some additional damages that had came in with the same package?

In addition, it is not as if the naming itself could have made any differences to the conditions since the conditions are the conditions... 8-O lol sigh

Sort of like what I said to the doctor... you just live through one day at a time... keep on trying...

Then, earlier in the night, as I was rethinking about the image of people lifting weights.... or maybe even me who used to be so very self-sufficient even with the lifting of extremely heavy weight....

"Wouldn't it be so nice..."

I guess... even though I still walk around like any other ordinary people... and regardless how blunt the affect would be... wouldn't it be so nice to reverse the condition of my body to right before the accident... where, theoretically, less is, at least, found to be damaged.... 8-O sigh

At the same time, does the naming really have no impact at all?

So I got home and I told my mother the news....

Mama couldn't quite grasp the story I was telling and I assume it might have something to do with her checking the market stories online while I was doing my story telling...

So she got off the computer and, in her comment, I realised that she had no idea at all what I was talking about...

"You have no idea what I am talking about." So commented me annoyingly and with apparently a heightened sense of irritability.

As I made the observation...

So I thought, there do exist impact... da naming...

No comments: