Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mental model or script

Yesterday I watched the movie Fight Club again.... at the very end, as I was getting very confused about the plausible diagnosis for the main character, I was told that...

"It is a love story!"

"Really?"

First time in my life to be thinking of Fight Club as a love story.... 8-O lol

Then, I was reading the supreme court ruling of the "VERNONIA SCHOOL DISTRICT 47J, PETITIONER v. WAYNE ACTON."

As I was reading through the document, I found myself starting to get lost in the complex information system....

At the very end, the author provided one sentence to conclude everything...

"Taking into account all the factors we have considered above--the decreased expectation of privacy, the relative unobtrusiveness of the search, and the severity of the need met by the search--we conclude Vernonia's Policy is reasonable and hence constitutional."

So I thought... why didn't you tell me this at the very beginning?

Then, I rethink both incidences...

Interesting implications of scripts or mental model....

No comments: