Monday, May 19, 2008

天賦異秉- special talent

I spent the whole day in the hospital today trying to seek some alternative diagnosis for my traded recovery.

To begin with, I got X rays again, had three orthopedic doctors examined me, got a blood test, saw a neurologist, and, got another MRI on my cervical spine done. Tomorrow afternoon, I will have EMG done again to assess the activities of the peripheral nervous system before eventually test of event potentials to see whether there is anything wrong about my CNS signal transmission.

At some point, dad and I had this conversation… starting from me wanting to find a copy of the book “紅樓夢”- A Dream of Red Mansions - a Chinese classic I first and last read, possibly, before I was in fourth grade.

This reminded dad of something I don’t even recall… He said, “It was really amazing that, when you were really young, you would tell grandma stories and they were stories coming out from 聊齋誌異”- Liaozhai Stories of Fox-Fairies, Ghosts & Other Marvels - with聊齋誌異 another classic.

He then commented, “That’s when I thought you are really天賦異秉 ”

I laughed and replied, “I am really 天賦異秉 and I guess this is why no one knows what to do with my conditions. Just like when the psychiatrist said to me that I am really well adjusted… My response was… I am just天賦異秉.” lol sigh

The matter of the fact is that… I could really do without my 天賦異秉 for I’d rather having the experts to know exactly what the problems are and what to do about my pains, spasms and mental health conditions.

No comments: