Saturday, May 31, 2008

Eastern Medical experts' opinion

In addition to seeking medical attention for Western Medical doctors such as orthopaedics and neurologist, I have also sought help from Eastern kinda Medical experts.

The major difference I found between Western and Eastern medicine is that--- Western medicine such as physical therapy or pain killer aims to make me feel better while Eastern kinda medical approaches all seem to involve invoking worsening pain upon and, sometimes, after the intervention.

The Eastern interventions I have tried out so far are... acupuncture, energy healing, and chi-kong. Interestingly and unfortunately, regardless their disciplines, when these experts try to apply intervention on me, they all induce... man, oh, man... pains and a whole lot of pains on me.

Energy healing and Chi-Kong, for instance, (while no one even has to touch me), interestingly and unfortunately, brings me back to the different type of pains I suffered since my accident during the treatment session. In addition, right after the treatment and on my way back home, both the shooting pains and my walk-a-bility would worsen and eventually grow better... recapitulating the whole process of recovery (and, of course, one could always argue that this is what you call... psychological effect).

When explaining to me my current condition, all of these experts agree (although none of them know each other) that the "bad chi" or "chi of my sickness" (病氣) is stuck all over and the first thing they have to do is to find ways to mobilize such chi and release it through my limbs, especially my legs, so as to allow the blood and chi to circulate (活通經路)-- maybe even 打通仁督二脈--- like what they do in Martial Art fictions.... lol

Do the interventions work and which one of them work?

I have no idea and I do not quite care.

One thing I do know is that... now I walk better and longer before a stop is needed... although there remains to be a delay between my intent to move my body forward and the actual action... (hypochondria? lol 8-X)

No comments: