Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tooth

There is a purpose for my returning home…. to repair myself from head to toe… lol

The day I arrived in Taiwan, I went to see my dentist, who informed me that the tooth that has been on my mind for the longest time has really reached the retirement age.

Sitting on the dentist chair, while my dentist kept on drilling away…

I thought of how Tom Hanks’ narration in the movie “Cast away” right before he was about to knock one of his own tooth out on the deserted island and what he said about how he used to fear seeing a dentist while now he wished that he could have one handy by his side.

Then, I thought of how this tooth could have been saved for a few more years should I have had the accident not, should I have come home to see my dentist last year or should I have had the strength to go see my dentist in Flushing, and, should the pain killers not masked the tooth ache and took my concern away from it.

I also thought of this quote by Bismarck in Frankl’s book, “Life is like being at the dentist. You always think that the worst is still to come, and yet it is over already.” (Page 81, Frankl)

Alright, the tooth’s life might have been long over while I thought the worst is yet to come… lol

No comments: