Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hedda Gabler

I went to see Henrik Ibsen's little miss Hedda Gabler today...

Regardless what they say and I have no intention to keep track of what them critics might say....

I walked out of the theater feeling... what a powerful play....

Sitting all the way in the back of the rear mezzanine, I can't really tell you how the actors and actresses have performed...

Yet, walking out of the theater and walking down Time Square along Broadway...

I thought of the little missy Hedda Gabler...

A pretty little spoiled brat who was unhappy about her life...

Having what other people might think of as everything... though still sort of short of perfection... Little missy is far from being content...

To whom, to be overpowered.... "Over my dead body..." So she would say...

Yet, aren't we all Hedda Gabler in our own particular way....

As I walked on, I thought of the interesting contrast between where I was last year and where I have been today...

Last year today, I was locked up in the psychiatric ward overlooking the beautiful Hudson River with a walker as my walking aid (since they don't allow the use of canes inside)....

Today, I took myself and my semi-functional back-- back to Broadway to see little Hedda Gabler in the play...

Then, I thought of the feeling of emptiness Hedda was speaking of...

I thought... we all are presented with the choices at certain point...

Poor little depressed Hedda, I thought...

How unfortunate that you have chosen to go into the dark side while it might actually make you feel better shall you stay on the sunny side of the road....


No comments: