Thursday, February 5, 2009

From the way I was

These past two days has been a trip for me.... sort of funny yet not so very funny in a way...

Essentially, the condition of my back went all the way down to the worst state it had ever been in... and all it takes is less than 10 Manhattan blocks... all it takes is for me to try to walk from 110th to 120th street and vice versa to put myself into a state called "freezing my ass off till I become out of walk"....

I am not going to be taking much about the specifics of pains and spasms since I think I have done, so far, enough of them mumble jumble about them big bad bug kind of walking style as well as how bad it feels to have pain going from cervical down to lumbar....

One thing I could tell you is that... it would have been an interesting documentation if I could have captured myself on videotapes because, so far as I am concerned, a videotape as such could have shown you many different ways of walking like a disabled... including the state within which when I tried to move forward with both feet dropped.... similar kind of experiences that torn the following pair of my shoes...





The closest thing I have on tape is the clips I took back in the summer when my body decided to go back to do them walking... disabled style...





So, after I tried to do some lifting and bending down yesterday afternoon, my back started showing some signs which told me... swinging activities needed. Then, as I walked into the cold on my way home, the familiar thing called pains and spasms started to get worse and worse... to the extent that I was moving 2-3 steps at a time...

As I got home, I started doing some of them swinging activities... in pains... and a whole lot of pains stemming from cervical, thoracic and down to lumbar. Yet, something interesting about these pains is that... the pains migrates slowly... At certain point, it might be the knees that hurt so very much while, other times, the pains would come down to the ankle. The pains would also come down to you hands and you would feel the fingers hurt... hurt...

However, after I exercised for over an hour, the level of pain went down substantially and I was able to walk around like ordinary human being.

Following is one of the clips I took during my swinging activities yesterday afternoon... while I have uploaded 6 clips on youtube, which capture the entire exercise... going from a really sucked kind of state of being to much better kinda state...



I had thought that, after yesterday's exercise, my walking should be better today. Unfortunately, due to the temperature that felt like in the teens, my walking became far worse than yesterday... at certain point, I could barely move my feet and could only sort of push myself forward inch by inch...

After I got home, something told me to take the Chinese medicine that is supposed to help regulating the flow of xi, qi, or chi, including ingredients such as 桂枝 湯, 桑枝, 牛膝, 續断 etc, before I went back to do my swinging activities....

After almost 2 hours, I started to feel that the flow of energy seemed to be smoother... and that's when I stop to take a break.

Following is one of the clips I took during my exercise. The entire session is divided into 12 clips.


Although I am feeling much better now, I will be going back to do some more of the swinging activities after this posting.

I am posting these along with these notes with the wishful thinking that someone out there could tell me how on earth could my walking deteriorate so fast within 10 Manhattan blocks and what the heck was happening during these activities to bring me out of the extreme state of immobility... 8-O lol

One thing I would say is that, after a while, strange things seem to be strange no more.... although, deep down in my heart, I still can't stop longing for an answer about how things works... or a mental model...

No comments: