Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Existential vacuum: antidote

Last night I entertained the nicotine theory of my depressive symptoms....

Essentially, Nicotine acts by binding to the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, nicotine increase the "volume" of neurotransmitters such as dopamines in the reward circuit in the brain... The decrease of nicotine in the blood stream, thus, could be translated into the decrease level of dopamines in the reward circuit.... Thus, no nothing seems to be so very rewarding in life.... 8-O

Tonight, the concept of existential vacuum came to my mind... once again...

What it be like if I am simply in a state of existential vacuum and flooded by the unbearable meaninglessness in life... except for please do not ask me what exactly the flooding part of the sentence means...

Then, funny enough, I came across this following quote of Frankl about the implications of love ...

"The salvation of man is through love and in love."

This reminds me of a comment someone made the other day...

"You know you are surrounded by people who love you."

Without hesitation, I replied...

"Yes, I know."

So, I, again, brought myself back to facing them loving people who me love and who I love...

And, so I ponder...

What it be like to fill da vacuous mind and soul with them loving intentions and how do I make it work?

And, how could loving intention mobilise the activities in the reward pathway through the modulation of them tiny little neurotransmitters shall it be plausible that love is the antidote.... 8-O lol

No comments: