Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lesson learned: Spasm

Last night I laid in bed, trying to fall asleep while dealing with them ordinary uncontrollable images that came into my head.... (short of auditory hallucination, though, I think...)

At a certain point, I found myself having difficulties swallowing...

If was as if the bottom of my tongue was a piece of some foreign object in my mouth that would not respond to my command at all...

There after, I came to the realization... it appeared that the area right below the bottom of my tongue is also neglecting any request I made concerning this swallowing activity...

So I got up, but the condition did not change....

In my mind, I knew.... esophageal spasm... so it is...

I decided to take one of the Naproxen... to ease the spasm...

I picked up one pill and carefully tried to swallow it down the throat with water....

Yet, this amazing phenomenon happened....

That huge pill did not go too far...

It felt as if it move 1 or 2 centimeters down, if not shorter distance, and got stuck there perhaps at the very top of my esophagus.

I waited a bit and tried to swallow a bit more water... while curiously monitored what was going on with the pill...

A bit later, the pill moved a little bit lower... and it felt as if the areas above was becoming a bit more flex and not so tense...

So, I sat there a bit more... observing that pill behaving as if it is the gate keeper... soothing the esophagus one segment at a time until finally the pill went down as low as in my chest area...

Thereafter, I went back laying in my bed, trying to fall asleep again...

Shortly, I knew the pill was working because the internal organs seemed to be feeling much more relaxing.... 8-O (of course, this could simply be my imagination...)

And, I realise that... I was attacked again by this thing called dry mouth... something that hasn't happened for awhile...

On my way home today, I thought of this incidence, and, I had this insight...

I have been bad with smoking these past few days when I am trying to finish up the homework and paper....

Possibly, it is the body reacting to them smokes....

And, I thought how funny it is... even when in the scariest moments of upper esophageal spasm... when the spasm was so bad that I could not swallow the pill....

In addition to the uncontrollable concern about whether this spasm thing is gonna turn me eternally adios or not...

What was in my mind, the cognitive part of my mind, was the thought...

"Damn esophageal spasm again..."

And... again... just when I thought I knew what it means to have spasm... I know that I don't know jack about spasm...

And, of course, speaking of the multiple manifestations of the same principle... 8-Olol

No comments: