Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hot flashes

When I was hanging out the other night, all of a sudden, I felt really hot and was all sweating... while no one else have any complaint about the temperature....

It was feeling so hot that... I could not stop fanning myself...

At certain point, someone suggested that I should step outside of the door to cool myself down..

So I did...

It was then did I realize that standing in the cold makes it even worse... When standing in the cold, I came to realize that the heat was coming from the inside...

Essentially, it feels as if I was being cooked from the inside....

At certain point, someone mentioned that what I have might be hot flashes....

That got me a scare because I am not yet ready for an early onset menopause... at mid 30's

Then, I did some googling and realize that there are many more causes to the experiences of hot flashes than menopause... 8-O
  1. Dilaudid withdrawal - hot flashes
  2. Generalized anxiety disorder - hot flashes
  3. Hot flashes - hot flashes
  4. Hypergonadotropic ovarian failure, familial or sporadic - hot flashes
  5. Morphine withdrawal - hot flashes
  6. Panhypopituitarism - hot flashes
  7. Panic attack - hot flashes
  8. Panic disorder - hot flashes

Other triggers include:

  1. alcohol
  2. caffeine
  3. diet pills
  4. spicy food
  5. hot food
  6. hot tubs
  7. saunas
  8. hot showers
  9. hot beds
  10. hot rooms
  11. hot weather
  12. smoking

For me... the trigger or the cause might be... the beer... my third smoke for the day... the caffeine intake of the day...

Or, perhaps, it is just my embodied cognition about my being too HOT for myself.... 8-O lol (and, yes, when not in dasein, it does seem funny.... 8-O lol sigh...)

No comments: