Monday, November 3, 2008

The norm

The notion of being a Guinea pig of them squirrels brought me back to the time when I was at UBC and when I used to be the participants of various research projects to make some quick cash.... 10 Canadian dollar per hour, I guess...

One of the lab I used to volunteer would put electrodes on my head while I was engaging in whatever tasks required....

Many a time, after engaging in the repetitive task for too long a time, I could gradually start to fall asleep... The guy running the experiment outside could actually identify the change in my brain waves and remind me to stay awake... 8-O lol

One day, after I completed my task, I asked the doctoral student who was running the project...

"How did I do? Did I do it well?" So I must have asked...

"You did great... Your data point coincides with the value of the mean." So he replied with something like this...

Recalling it today... I can't stop finding it funny....

There was a time when I WAS THE NORM... 8-O lol

No comments: