Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thank God...

I am reading this really interesting book called "Entangled mind" recently... with psi phenomena the topic in concern...

At some point, I encountered the following passages concerning the concept of latent inhibition. Essentially, latent inhibition is about our unconscious mental process to pay no mind to things that were inconsequential in the past...
  1. Low latent inhibition has been studied extensively in schizophrenic patients because a key symptom of that disease is perceiving meaningful relationships everywhere, even when there aren't any. P. 50
  2. .. low latent inhibition is associated with the personality trait "open to experience" which is in turn associated with divergent thinking and creativity. Of course not al creative people are psychotic... 8-O lol P.l 50
  3. ... high-creativity group had significantly lower latent inhibition scores than the low-creativity group... greater access to more of what the world presents, and high intelligence helps one successfully navigate through this flood of perception. By contrast, those with low intelligence struggle in vain, and the result may lead to psychosis.

As I read through the writing all the way down to point #3, I could not stop laughing to myself...

No wonder my voices told me to stay put and be a parsifal... for, I just can't shake the habit of being psychotic... In addition, assuming a membership in low intelligence does make life absolutely wonderful; it is because... since I am low in intelligence, why do I need to bother trying to make myself a higher achiever? Thank God... Thank God... and thank them experts for completing my excuse... 8-O lol 8-X lol

For my dumb dumb existence... your song...

I hope you don't mind

I hope you don't mind that I put down in words

How wonderful life is when I am dumb.... 8-O lol


No comments: