Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Speed

On my way to meet up with two friends of mine for a night's feast in sea food buffet... I walked down the 33rd street from Pen Station towards the Empire State Building...

Beautiful street scene and lively city.... a nice short stroll...

I felt happy and still do... being able to walk down the blocks like any other human being that I encountered along the way.

It was somewhere along this trip did this thought come to me again...

I had no idea what was to unfold then...

I still have no idea what is to unfold in the future...

One thing I do know is that...

Looking back to the point when I found myself on the ground with a piece of Raisin Brant cookie in hand to this date... almost a year and a half later...

I would say... it's been an interesting journey....

More specifically, "speed" is what makes this trip most interesting....

While I was operating on two speeds: slow and stop, it was as if I was on a train carrying me through all minor inconveniences on express track...

As I look back, I am sort of in awe how I could have just glide through them inconveniences in one piece and how much it entails... my quota... 8-O lol

So I ask myself this question...

Would I have preferred to have them minor inconveniences dripping down here and there on and off? Or would it be more to my taste to have it pour down like a storm so that I could get done with them in a shorter time frame?

The answer... a no-brainer...

Hit me as hard as you want to for as long as I could withstand it...

For, I know... when I am done with my share, the sky will be cleared... paving me a brighter path to move on...

And, I pondered... could it be that it is the coexisting speed of slow and fast that balance all things out and result in the disappearing sense of time.. time and again....

No comments: