Sunday, November 16, 2008

Young people

I happened to be hainging out with this nice couple from Florida last night...

At some point, the husband's phone rang... and I was informed that it was his mother calling to check on them.

It was passed 8 and, apparently, they were way past their curfew time of 7.

So I was told... when they get back, shall they wake the mama up, they would just tell her....

"It is 7:30."

Mothers are just mothers regardless how old you are...

That reminded me of what happened at this talk I went to earlier on in the day...

So, I went to this meeting yesterday with the topic of discussion concerning the implications of CBT for psychotic patients... with speakers and attendants experts in related fields.

Towards the end of the meeting, as I was busy performing code switching between my psychologist and psychotist mode, this gentleman, sitting in front of me, who looked a bit more "mature" spoke out... with the sentence started with something like...

When I was in the Navy (or Army) in the 50s, xxx and xxx were already doing it...

and,

"... you young people just don't know..."


(ok... I never said that I could draw... 8-O lol)

At that point... I looked all around the room... I saw young people.... 8-O lol

No comments: