Friday, November 28, 2008

Wonderful life

At times, this thought would come up to me.... a life as such... what a waste of the limited resources on this planet...

Other times, I would think... there is something that I could contribute...

So... as I was speaking with my family tonight through skype... mama told me some stories about how my miserable being is being used to motivate others to engage in their own healing...

Essentially, my doctor in Taiwan would show the clips of my miserable state of being to other patients and ask them this question...

"Are you in a conditon worse than this.... walking like this and in pain all over the places?"



Many people, apparently, find it inspirational since they find themselves in a less agonizing kind of state...

Some even called my mama up only to say...

"Is that your daughter..."

And, something like, thanks for helping us to find a sense of hope....

While it is me who should be feeling thankful to them because it is them who help me to find a sense of contribution in that prolonged state of being, classified, by myself, as absolute uselessness...

So I think... isn't life wonderful when even the optimal wastefulness could render some helpfulness...

No comments: