Saturday, November 22, 2008

The sick and the disabled

The day started quite all right.... I got waken up by my friend because we have to start setting things up for the flea market thing for the day... in her apartment with a gorgeous view overlooking Hudson river and the GW bridge...

We started our day as independent and self-sufficient modern women... preparing for our day's venture in the flea market...

Being a disabled who can't carry much weight, my primary duty was to be sitting there being a watch dog... when she and her friends moved boxes and boxes of stuffs to be sold...

The time went by and finally it was almost 5... closing time...

It was not until then did we realize...

She started to get sick and I am disabled... while her other friends were gone..

Oops... how are we going to move all the boxes from the basement to the ground floor when there is no elevator and there is no other people to help?

At some point, this friend of mine was so sick that she was laying on the ground while yours disabled was trying to move stuffs... sort of like 2-3 bls at a time.... if not 1 and less...

Thank, God, there is this nice strong guy on duty and who helped us moving all them stuffs out of the building...

And, eventually, she got much of her stuff stacked into her trunk and we got the extras wheeled back to her building... and called it the day...

Arriving at her apartment, both of us very much crashed...

She was really sick and had to lay down to rest...

My body was not to happy... the right side all spasmic and I was limping along when trying to fix something for her to eat...

So there we are... the disabled trying to take care of the sick... 8-O lol

So said the disabled at some point and so agreed the sick...

Time to find a man to take care of ourselves...

And now...

Thank God I have enough meds to last me for one more day because, forget about the original plan of taking me back home tonight.... the sick is already in bed....

And, the disabled, regardless how much of that chi exercise she does, finds herself not quite capable at moving again... and thinks...

"Funny how life always has a way of slapping me in the face whenever I start to feel that no longer am I so much a disabled..." 8-O lol 8-X lol

Serenading disability... 8-O lol

No comments: