Sunday, August 30, 2009

Memory

I have no idea how the future would unfold.... not quite sure what it is like for you.

However, at times, I believe that the past or the untraceable present afford us always something in the future.

Took my mama to see her friends during the weekend...

The uncle had 3 strokes so far but could still talk, walk and function pretty well although my aunt did mention to us how the stroke has made some impact on his cognitive processing...

So, at some point yesterday, uncle mentioned to me how his memory is not very good nowadays... and how he often forgets...

So I responded...

"My memory was also not very good recently. Sometimes I would be saying something and, all of a sudden, I would forget what I was saying. I would have to ask people what I was saying so that I could remember what I was doing and try to see whether we could figure out what I was trying to say."

Later I thought.... Thank God that I have been regaining my cognitive abilities including listening, reading, comprehending, writing and remembering. Thank God that these abilities are recoverable.

Although I don't know how exactly this uncle of mine feels, it must be really annoying and I hope he could find a way to help himself cope... and others alike.

No comments: