Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fine weather for depression

The winter time is the perfect time for depression to come out and play...

I have always felt that there seems to be some strange correlation between the level of depression and the change in the weather pattern such as air pressure or the availability of sunlight....

Then, something strange happened these past few days...

It started with my observing an increase in the frequency and intensity of the psychosomatic symptoms, such as that heavy, tight and some indescribable feelings surrounding my chest... That indescribable feeling, more specially, feels as if there is a black hole in the chest and it is sucking the chest inward and inward... and inward... and, resulting in something that could be called... some kind of painful kinda feeling... 8-O lol sigh

Then, all of a sudden, yesterday, by the time I got home from work, I found myself in such a depressive state... in pain, in lack of energy and wanting to do nothing more than going straight to bed to do nothing more than being swallowed by my own depression... Personally, such is the worse of the worse state of depression I could ever imagine...

Yet, I hang on and did my regular swinging activities...

After almost an hour of exercise, those symptoms went away--- at least temporarily.

I was able to get rid of the physical and psychological symptoms... and... felt fine... as if all the symptoms I was experiencing an hour earlier never existed.

Strangely, today, the symptom level drastically decreased...

To be more accurate, at some point in the afternoon, I realized that my problem for today was this sense that... energy was overflowing...

So very overflowing that I didn't even know how to control it...

So, I decided to check out the weather... and to start a log to see whether there really is an interplay between air pressure and the change in the severity of my depressive symptoms...

And, following is a form I created using the form function of google doc.

Any information you submit through this form will be inserted into the spreadsheet at the following location.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pk80UZ6qMgJ2g82bp9kwGEg

No comments: