Thursday, January 1, 2009

Single as Lucy... a... hhhhh

Lucy and I shared some pretty good time together back in them nights in Vancouver...

She used to pick me up after midnights from the Buchanan building after the computer lab is closed. Then, the two of us would be going downtown hitting the dance floor...

Both Lucy and I could have gotten married years ago but the real act of marriage never took place... 8-O lol

This is the kind of relationship that I have when two friends hardly contact each other but the friendship remains... and, we could always simply pick it up from there...

So, as I am watching the replay of Sex and the City, I got this text message on Skype...

It is Lucy...

After greeting her for a Happy New Year, I went directly to this question wishing for a specific response....

"Are you married?"

What came with the response I got was the sinful sense of relief....

"No, single as a bird... U?"

"Was hoping for that answer.... 8-O lol"... ending the quotation with a demolic looking kind of smilie face...

So...

We spoke of the fish in the sea, my preferences of shellfish, her love for abloni, and, how "ladies in our age should be happy to take anything that swim"...

Then, I thought of how, in the episode of Sex and the City, Miranda was getting this phobia about being single and having to die alone.... and how she fought off her developing phobia about singlehood by simply telling people that she was "single"...

It was then when I realized that...

Perhaps, it is not only me...

Perhaps, it is not only about girls and their perception about their single/not single status...

Perhaps, this is a sentiment shared by all single people, be it men or women...

Perhaps, it is some kind of social taboo to be single and it is such an internalized belief that drives us towards that evil wish... to ascertain that there is more than ourselves on this lonely planet....

And, perhaps, it is only... Lucy and me...

No comments: