Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Birthday 2

It is funny, though, that, in Taiwan time, the accident that led to my being really in pain and disabled took place 6 month before or after my birthday in Taiwan time.

It was my birthday last year-- the time when the workers com stopped authorizing treatment and my disability checks was cut down to cover only half my rent- after IME ...

Is there really some significant correlation between the two? I don't know and, perhaps, I would never know....

One thing I do know is that...

By this birthday... I am able to move far enough to see my dentist in Flushing and rush back for the office party... (Rushing.... a concept I had thought that I would never grasp again... even if it were only 6 months ago...)

By this birthday... I am working to pay my room and board... SES didn't change much but, at least, my life is no longer dependent on anyone else's authorization anymore...

This is the birthday that I will always remember.... and, I think, one that I can make people who care about me to be proud of me as well....

No comments: