Monday, December 22, 2008

Turning point

I think it was around May last year that my computer died...

I had upgraded and upgraded this desktop of mine so many a time... from hard drive to video card to memory...

When the power supply gave up, this desktop of mine just won't wake up again... however hard I tried... forget about slow... it simply remained in a state of "stop"... (which I am finding myself to do fairly frequent nowadays as the temperature drops to below 30... 8-O lol)

So, I took the second hard drive out for this friend of mine to check and see whether the hard drives were fried.

The good news I heard then was that... the hard drive was still alive...

It was the time before my accident...

It was a time when I was still running around working 24/7.... and, I never had the chance to go over to my friend's office to back up the data on da hard drive...

Then, around the middle of June, I became the victim of the weak G... and entered into the arbeitslos era...

No longer was I working 24/7... yet, too far for me to reach... them data on da hard drive...

After I was locked out from the US and after I finally returned, my friend has left for a different job.... leaving me wondering around... looking for da hard drive among all other hard drives in one of the desktops in her old office...

That hard drive of mine was once-upon-a-time state of the art technology.... that's all that I recall.... its size, its maker and what's on it... already forgotten...

The only thing I knew for sure was... it is my hard drive...

Finally, today, I caught this new coworker who took over my friend's job... He had brought in a kit to help us read the data on the drives...

So, he chose one of the hard drive from one of the computer... He plugged the cable in and powered the hard drive on...

When the drive finally appeared on the machine, we went into the drive and found a folder with my name on it...

Alas! After over a year and half, and, at the first trial, I finally reclaimed the core of my past.... (8-O lol) so I thought...

Call me crazy if you want to and I authorize you to do so...

Yet, looking back... it felt as if that the sudden death of my desktop was the prelude of a beginning to an end and an end to another beginning....

It is as if it was the pre-quake before a major earthquake except for I did not see the sign...

It is as if, just when I thought a part of my past was dead, long gone and irreclaimable, I found out that, in reality, today, the memory remains, the memory finally became accessible, and, after all these time, I have finally found and I am ready to pick up what I had left behind....

Seeing it from the perspective of tag language, it is as if the death of the desktop opened the tag for all things happened in between while the retrieval of the data from da hard drive closes the tag...

And... so I thought...

Here comes the turning points... when orders restore where old projects can finally be completed-- paving a path for new projects to unfold...

(Of course, or... simply delusional thoughts... 8-O lol)

No comments: