Friday, December 12, 2008

Grateful

I went to a friend's b day party mid town today.

On my way home, I decided to take the bus.

After some wait, the bus finally arrived and I luckily got a seat.

It must have been the stop after when I saw this lady with a cane got onto the bus.

I stood up happily to give the seat away.

As the next lady with a cane got on, the lady with silver hair, who was sitting next to me, also got up and gave away her seat.

As the bus moved on, I found myself engulfed in the sense of happiness...

I thought of the scenario that took place many a month ago. As I was struggling to get off the bus to go to my doctor's appointment, this overwhelmingly enthusiastic lady shouted out loudly to inform people that... "Handicapped getting off!!!" 8-O lol

Today, I could stand on my two feet and give away my seat...

Then, the lady next to me was getting off the bus. I padded that lady with silver hair so that she could take that seat.

It has nothing to do with altruism or any other kinda blah blah bla at all.

It is all about selfishness... for... no longer do I need to be the one to be given seats to...

Now, I can be the one to give the seat away...

Then, after I got home, I had my usual Friday night conversation with my mama on skype...

I was so happy to tell her that...

"I am so happy that I had given my seat away on my way back."

Mama was also very happy for me... and she added something like...

"It is wonderful that now you are grateful about the everyday things..."

I only knew that I felt really happy up to that point...

It was then did I realize that...

I am grateful.... for the things I could do in my own capacity....

I am grateful.... for all those people, me, love, care for and who could actually put up with me...

I am grateful... for all the gratefulness I could sense and I could see...

So I thought...

Perhaps, the best gifts of all that have been bestowed upon me after all these time.... in things... gratefulness... I see...

No comments: