Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Constipations

When the meds go down, the processing power of our brain goes up.... Yet, it usually would take a change in the dosage before you could tell the differences...

At the onset and when I had my first acute psychotic episode, I was prescribed zyprexa... and experienced all the side effects including weight gain as well as both physical and cognitive constipation...

I actually was able to be drug free for a while until, at a certain point, I realised that I was starting to have hallucinations and delusions....

When my shrink then was about to prescribe zyprexa again, I asked for an alternative because it was the time I was working on running the experiment for my dissertation and zyprexa made it impossible for me to move my head...

That was the reason why I started taking Seroquel... although, despite the early headstart, I still eventually landed in the la la land of cuckoo's nest after all...

So I thought that my head was working under the Seroquel until the time came to decrease the dosage of the meds...

It was afterwards did I come to realisation that...

Seroquel also gives me cognitive constipation except it is in a different form...

Speaking, again, of comparing apples with oranges.... both are fruit though.... 8-O lol

No comments: