Friday, June 5, 2009

The proposal

As I was cooking my noodles for dinner, I heard this question....

"Will you marry me?"

This is great... a proposal in hallucination.... apparently, I really have marrying myself off in my mind... and it's gotta have something to do with the thing called the biological clock calls... lol 8-X

This kinda hallucination and delusion reminds me of the time when I was a psychology intern in the inpatient ward back in College. There was this lady who always hang out by the station asking for her husband... the resident doctor who has been assigned to her.

She actually was a very nice and happy lady other than having pretty strong delusional system and, I guess, experience a whole lot of hallucinations.

At certain point, it was decided that perhaps it would be a good idea to switch to another doctor. It apparently did not make this lady happy... towards the end, they had to assign her back to her husband doctor.

The auditory hallucination I heard somehow leads me to wonder...

What could have been in the mind of da lady in the cuckoo cuckoo's nest almost two decades back?

Perhaps, at some point, she also heard in her head the doctor proposing to her which led her to believe that she and the doctor was a pair... and perhaps in love with each other.... 8-O lol 8-X

Unfortunately, at that point, I simply found it funny... and did not take the chance to ask her... what make you think the doctor is your husband.... whether she would share it or not... 8-O lol 8-X

No comments: