Friday, June 12, 2009

Subject

Every so often when I read research paper concerning conditions I am affiliated with, I would wish that I could be one of the subjects included in the study.... to help us all gaining a better understanding in whatever condition it might be...

For instance, I actually had asked this friend of mine who is sort of a big shot in radiology who does clinical research on patients with schizophrenia.

Unfortunately, the response I got from him was a big negative...

One of the study he mentioned to me was that, as a participant, I would have to go off my meds for some duration of time to clean the meds out of my system... Knowing my own condition.... I went... no way Jose... already difficult enough to keep my head together while medicated... ain't quite make sense for me to lose my already pretty loosed head for some study that might get file in the drawer...

On a second note, I wondered to myself... how does this kind of study ever pass the IRB considering it requires patients who need drugs to control psychotic symptoms to go off their meds... 8-O

Essentially, I don't really fit the criteria for the selection of participants.... while one major problem involved in conducting research studies is the recruitment for participation...


Leaving me with only one thing to offer... anecdotal... 8-O lol sigh

No comments: