Sunday, June 21, 2009

Run-away horse

Recently, I have been sort of hanging out at this website, which host a range of discussion forums for people with chronic pain, disability, depression and all other kinds of conditions....

The wonderful thing for forums as such is that... you have patients helping patients by drawing references from their own experiences....

This reminds me of this experience I had when I was in the psychiatric ward years back...

I had really tough time trying to fall asleep every night because it was as if the body has excessive energy that could not be released and... every night... my torso twitched and twitch and with my legs... I had to kick... kick... and kick...

Such is no nothing they had taught me about in the textbook...

Then, one day, I asked this fellow patient of mine who might have come in because she was more on the manic side of the being...

I asked her...

"Have you every had the feeling that you have to kick your legs in the night?"

Without hesitation, she replied with something like...

"Like a house kicks and kicks right? Tell your doctor that you are overdosed on the medication."

So I spoke with the doctor and they lowered the dosage....

And, if I recall correctly, no longer did I have to be a run-away horse in the night.... might still be a horsey at times although I was able to get rid of the running-away component of it... 8-O lol

No comments: